Monday, June 27, 2016

The wheels on the bus...

I pulled up to the garage this evening after a short spin with DP on my 49' Schwinn DX and realized that bicycles are useless without wheels. I mean totally and utterly useless. I managed to time my wheel usage (both sets worn down to the bone) fairly evenly over the years and found out the hard way that not having a back up set can relegate you to the sidelines. Give your wheels a hug and some love because they deserve every once of it. If you think back to every mile you have pedaled or every sketchy descent you've bombed down on your current set of wheels (my last set have been with me since George W was in office) it is mind blowing that they stay true and silky. Maybe it's just a testimony of riding hand built wheels from Harry Gurney at the Spokesman. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes to get my new set from him (HED + with DT 240 & revolutions T'ed&S'ed).

Speaking of wheels...here are a few spinning effortlessly up the canyon on a fine April morning. Video by Black Dog Productions



No comments:

Post a Comment