Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Sista Wüleur


photo op - on a needed break from our calzone fest (13)


Happy 40th to my sister Megan Grenier. She was the one that taught me how to hop the 54A out of Aptos in 84' and take that bad boy to the Capitola Mall and buy a 1/4 pound of mini cookies from the Cookie Cupboard. The feeling of freedom we got from that 20 min bus ride was almost as good as the day we discovered we could pedal our bikes all the way to Kamian's Pharmacy at the Deer Park Mall and buy as much candy as we could fit in our pockets. To this day anytime I hear Talking Heads, Steel Pulse, or UB40 it makes me think of her. I remember bragging to my friends that my sister hangs out at Mr. Toots coffee and she might take us with her. She was always one step ahead of anyone her age.


For the record:
A Metro ride is still only 2 bucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment