Monday, March 26, 2012

Peter Green - picked Les Paul over Bob Jackson



Our LP player is out of service at the moment so I had to listen to some Peter Green via the inter-web. He and Jeff Beck always remind me of the legendary road racers of the 60's and 70's. If you think about it they lived very similar lives as the racers of the Merckx and De Vlaeminck era. They were all born within months of each other. They all had incredible talent which took them all over the world as they reached superstar status. Their original style is timeless as every generation has mimicked them ever since. Peter taught Clapton and Page a thing or two about playing while using a 1959 Gibson Les Paul.

His lyrical inspiration is obviously from cycling:

'I can't help about the good shape I'm in
I can't sing, I ain't pretty and my legs are thin
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to'

Who said that? Tom Simpson?

No comments:

Post a Comment