Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Steel Wül Trivia - BJM

Question:
What was Ben Jacques-Maynes first road bike?

Answer:
Lugged Serotta 'Atlanta' from the Spokesman

On January 1st, 2000 we assembled a solid group of Santa Cruz folks to ride the first century of the century. I think BJM had in fact partied like it was 1999 the night before yet he showed up that brisk morning on his trusty Serotta. I am sorry it I forgot anyone but I think this was the line up that morning before we headed out to Hitchcock country.

BJM, Justin Robinson, Dave Reid, Joe Pettinger, Chris Appleton, Mike Moore, Doug E. Fresh, Jake Hess, Damon Kluck, Dave Wient, Ryan Barret, Sean Co , who am I missing.....





Nevada City Podium - BJM, Lance, Levi (and people still think Lance is 6' tall)

For the record:
my silver medal from Nevada City will be 20 years old on Fathers Day this year. I suppose that is the only thing I have in common with BJM.

5 comments:

  1. Good guess Robb, but this guy is an American.

    ReplyDelete
  2. serotta was the second guess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a great story that is R rated about later that evening after the ride. We will discuss over beer.

    ReplyDelete