Monday, November 15, 2010

'A Living Legend'

I caught up with my former cycling coach Rob Parsons today on a 2 hour spin in the sun. We talked about life, Porsche speedsters, family, firefighting, motor pacing, and of course American Road Racing. I asked lots of questions about his racing career which reads like an odyssey including 5 Tour of Nevada City Classic wins, 2 National Road Titles and the 68 Olympics. On Steel Wül rides we often fantasize of racing along side of Eddy Merckx himself, Rob is the only guy I know of who actually has. It was nostalgic for me to see the Team Wheelsmith Jersey and of course his signature tubular Vittoria corsa CX tires. He taught me how to train and race but more importantly in his quiet unassuming way taught me to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment