Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Steel Wul rides Big Basin with Peter Johnson- by Caletti Cycles

Big Basin Jan 2012 from John Caletti / Caletti Cycles on Vimeo.



If it looks like there is a ghost slaying it on a lugged Masi in full wool kit pedaling in a pair of Duegi's with Alfredo Binda toe staps - thats because there is a guy slaying it on a lugged Masi in full wool kit pedaling in a pair of Duegi's with Alfredo Binda toe staps. Frame builder and regional legend Peter Johnson is still harder than the rock formations on Gazos.



Bay side meets coast side-

Dear Jake,
Just want to tell you how much fun I had riding with the SW gang on Saturday.
I was a little nervous about crashing your ride as some of the hot shit guys on the bay side can be a bit snotty-no respect for the ancients.I was amazed that so many of the guys know about Jobst and all the crazy rides we did.
It sure was fun seeing Whitehouse canyon again after about 20 years.It seems like the last time Jobst and I were up there we got some guff from the local rednecks.
I was very impressed with the SW gang's dirt skills,up hill and down.I hope I didn't bog you guys down too much.The Pipeline road had me on the ropes-A 24 pound bike with a 42 25 low gear powered by a old has-been has it's limitations.
I just viewed the video from the San Benito -King City ride -sure would of liked to been on that one.


Keep riding,Peter J.

No comments:

Post a Comment